Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread *Locked*

Challenge Title: Pink Holidays
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: HYCCT02A
Date: Saturday, October 2nd, 2010

A few years ago, I completed the Breast Cancer 3Day - a 60 mile walk - 20 miles each day, put on by Susan G. Komen.

It was an incredible event! And along the long route, I saw things in pink I never thought I'd see! A US Marine in pink camo shorts, pink popsicles, pink EVERYTHING.

My challenge to you is to recreate that pink madness and fun by turning a holiday pink! Make it a pink Christmas, Thanksgiving - heck - try out a pink St. Patrick's Day! The only holiday you CAN'T use is Valentine's Day - too easy I chose a pink Halloween for my sample.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear cellophane bag or clear envelope per entry and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family.

The Department of Volunteer Services � Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feline teapots 002 copy.jpg (37.6 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2010 at 05:29 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Challenge Title: Lingerie Inspired
Hostess: Beate aka Beate
Keyword: HYCCT02B
Date: Tuesday, October 2th, 2010

Thinking of Breast Cancer awareness - you can't help but think about....boobies!! Now that might make you think about all the cute lingerie out there designed to show them off.

So my challenge is to get inspired by lingerie. Think lacy, think pattern, think satin and bows - have some girly fun with it!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear cellophane bag or clear envelope per entry and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CraftySecretsGirlfriendsHYC.jpg (64.7 KB, 267 views)

my gallery - my blog

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2010 at 05:26 PM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: Sketch with a "twist"!
Hostess: Chupa aka Iwona Palamountain
Keyword: HYCCT20
Date: Wednesday, October 20th, 2010

Make a project based on the provided sketch. The "twist"? It should be a dance - themed card!
(cheeleaders are very welcome too - that's what I used on my card )

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCTXX, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chupa's card.jpg (74.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT20 sketch.jpg (21.0 KB, 27 views)

Challenge Title: Sentiments Only!
Hostess: Ctorina aka Cathleen Torina
Keyword: HYCCT29
Date: Friday, October 29, 2010

Make a card or project using a sentiment as your only stamped image. You can use any embellishments, punches, ribbon, paper, etc!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT29, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT 29 Birthday Wishes 007.jpg (31.2 KB, 34 views)

VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Default HYCCT12 ~ Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010 ~ Birthday's Are a Piece of Cake

Challenge Title: Birthday's are a PIECE of cake!
Hostess: jpmayo aka Jimmi
Keyword: HYCCT12
Date: Tuesday, October 12th, 2010

Today is my birthday!

So for your WCMD Challenge I want you to make a Birthday Card that includes my very most favorite stamping technique...PAPER PIECING!

If you've never tried paper piecing then you are the one getting the present today because you will love it! It's super fun!

Have lots of fun and I cannot wait to see everyone's creations!

Oh and of course have some cake and ice cream in my honor :grin:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT12, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-28-10 006 (2).jpg (50.6 KB, 533 views)
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Somekinda Hope

Challenge Title: Somekinda Hope I
Hostess: sara henton
Keyword: HYCCT06
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This one is going to be a little different and take a little twist on something you already know.

Take ...
  1. Something old (preferably something that has been in your stash for a year or more, if you haven't been crafting that long *GASP* that's ok just pick your oldest thing)
  2. Something new (something just out of the wrapper or you know you just got from the store recently)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT05, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yum.jpg (55.4 KB, 66 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ribbon_color_chart_printable.pdf (640.7 KB, 43 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Challenge Title: Somekinda Hope II
Hostess: sara henton
Keyword: HYCCT07
Date: Thursday, October 7, 2010

This is part II of the challenge not to be confused with continuing the challenge. Just the rest of the story - nod to Paul Harvey.

Once again take...
  1. Something borrowed (ok I don't mean you have to go raid your buddies craft stash, you can borrow an idea or CASE someone's creation)
  2. Something... here's the twist...NOT necessarily blue!! Cancer takes makes shapes & shades. So for your color you get to choose one of the colors from the Cancer Ribbon Awareness chart I'm attaching. I got it from www.ChooseHope.com.

Most of all have fun!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT05, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TodayThoughtofYou.jpg (106.2 KB, 48 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ribbon_color_chart_printable.pdf (640.7 KB, 37 views)
neglecting the kids and housework

Challenge Title: Walk On By
Hostess: sewsplendistamper AKA Victoria
Keyword: HYCCT10
Date: Tuesday, October 10th, 2010

In exactly 9 months I'll be walking with thousands of others in San Francisco for the Avon walk for Breast Cancer. This will be my third year! I train every weekend. And while I walk my mind wanders, I'm inspired by colors I see, shapes of buildings I pass, sounds and smells coming from homes. Today's card was inspired by this darling yellow house and beautiful garden I pass at mile 1 of my 5 mile weekend training walks.

I'd like for you to make a card inspired by some place you walk, whether it's the library, grocery store, or local park. Pick those colors from a favorite tree you pass, or maybe you love the produce section of your grocery store...let your mind wander and your work be inspired.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attachment 197847
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellow walk.jpg (65.9 KB, 39 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default 3...2...1

Challenge Title: 3...2...1
Hostess: Bambi64 aka Amber
Keyword: HYCCT22
Date: Friday, October 22nd, 2010

3...2....1.... Use 3 design papers, 2 embellishments and 1 ribbon on your card. For embellishments, I'm looking more for brads, eyelets, primas, buttons, etc. I am not counting glitter, sparkly fluff, glimmer mist, etc as embellishments. ;)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ***All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - not your regular member gallery ***, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCTXX, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg UnFrogHolidayajhcopy.jpg (73.2 KB, 26 views)

Default HYCCT11 Monday October 11--Happy Flowers

Challenge Title: Happy Flowers
Hostess: Edna15
Keyword: HYCCT11
Date: Monday, October 11th, 2010

When my Mother was being treated for Breast Cancer I hid a paper flower for her to find every single day of her treatment. She got to look for it every time she came back in the door after the long round trip to and from treatment every day for 6+ weeks. It is little things like these that keep cancer patients focussed... so my challenge is for you to add nice big happy PAPER flower/s to your card. So think scrolled flowers, tea bag folded flowers, origami flowers, 3D die cut flowers...

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ***All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, not your regular member gallery,*** with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCSHope2010 Paper Flower FINAL.jpg (69.9 KB, 40 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Challenge Title: Let's Dabble in Some Scrabble!
Hostess: Mothermark aka Cindy Motherway
Keyword: HYCCT09
Date: Saturday, October 9th, 2010

Knock, Knock!
Who's There?
It's Me! I'm a Square!

I'm Here in My Squareness,
For Breast Cancer Awareness!

So Be There!
And Be Square!

Translation:

Hello People! Let's Dabble in Some Scrabble!!

1. Let's do a square card. (The Scrabble Board)
2. Let's do it in PINK!! (For Breast Cancer Awareness!)
3. Let's do a mininum of 4 additional squares on your card. Can be cardstock, tiles, buttons, you name it! Just as long as they are square! (The Scrabble Tiles)

So Be There!
And Be Square!

And even though I have my dictionary handy to make sure you guys don't cheat and make up words that aren't words, you don't even have to put words on your card! But if you do, just think encouragement for a Breast Cancer Patient!

VIEW MY SAMPLE HERE
VIEW THE HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO GALLERY HERE
VIEW THE HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD HERE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT09, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dabble in Some Scrabble MM1010.jpg (80.0 KB, 54 views)

All about Girls in PINK
Hostess: MakiJ aka Maki Jones
Keyword: HYCCT24
Date: Sunday, October 24th, 2010

Hi everyone~
Although both sexes have a chance to get Breast Cancer, most of fighters for this cancer are women. I'm challenging you to use the pretty, cute, beautiful, sassy or funny woman/girl stamp(s) or image(s) and make a card/project!!
I am also challenging you to use PINK into your project too (It doesn't have to be the main color of your project) Easy enough?

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - not your regular member gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT24, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg A_Drink_A_Day_1-1_edited.jpg (68.4 KB, 32 views)
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Flower Power Challenge

Challenge Title: Fab Flower Power!
Hostess: TexasGrammy aka Bev Gerard

Keyword: HYCCT08
Date: Friday, October 8th, 2010

Welcome to a fabulous Friday, everyone! Let's fill up the gallery with some fab flower power, by adding at least one flower to our creations! But wait! Yours will be extra-fabilicious if you make your own flowers! C'mon! Let's rock the gallery and MD Anderson Cancer Center with flower power!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT08, when uploading your image for this challenge. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

**Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center

Thanks so much for playing along with us this month! This is going to be such a worthy effort! {{{{Inky Hugs}}}}
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flower 002 frnt 640x478.jpg (49.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg flower 015 ins 640x470.jpg (100.7 KB, 35 views)

Challenge Title: Four by Four
Hostess: kmahany aka Kelly Mahany Landers
Keyword: HYCCT04
Date: Monday, October 4th, 2010

It's day four of our "Hope You Can Cling To" Challenge and we hope you are enjoying participating with us! For day four, let's have fun with the number four!!

Create a card with a total of four layers of paper (base card can count as one layer if it shows!)

AND... include four "different" embellishments/additions to your card. (For example: brads, ribbon, stickles and a charm!) Get it?? Have fun and thanks for playing along "four" this great cause!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT04, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06916.jpg (71.5 KB, 70 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Challenge Title: Thank Heaven For Little Girls!
Hostess: Mothermark aka Cindy Motherway
Keyword: HYCCT19
Date: Saturday, October 19th, 2010

An Inspiration Challenge!

Thank heaven for little girls.
For little girls get bigger every day!

They grow up in the most delightful way!

Those little eyes so helpless and appealing.
One day will flash and send you crashin' thru the ceilin'

Thank heaven for them all.
No matter where no matter who.
For without them, what would little boys do?

Thank heaven... thank heaven...
Thank heaven for little girls!

Here Are 4 Sources of PINK Inspiration!

1. The pictures I have attached below.
2. Your own childhood memories.
3. The lyrics of the song I posted above.
4. The Breast Cancer Patients at the MD Anderson Cancer Center.

The Challenge:

1. The Pictures: It's quite evident in the pictures below that these two little girls are quite proud of their PINK possessions. Make a PINK card inspired by one of these pictures or by a single PINK possession seen in one of the photos. THANK HEAVEN FOR PINK POSSESSIONS!

2. Your Childhood Memories: Make a PINK card inspired by one of your very own PINK childhood possessions. If you are like me and grew up somewhat of a tomboy and maybe wasn't quite the PINK little girley girl, then think of your favorite childhood possession and pretend it was PINK! If you ponder hard you might eventually remember that you DID have a PINK possession. I did, betcha can't guess what it was! THANK HEAVEN FOR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!

3. The Song Lyrics: If you have your own little girl, a neice in your family or if you know a little girl in your circle of friends, take inspiration there and make a PINK card inspired by her. THANK HEAVEN FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL!

4. The Breast Cancer Patients at the MD Anderson Cancer Center: Make a PINK card inspired by all the women who are undergoing breast cancer treatment all of whom grew up in a most delightful way and are now fighting for their life. THANK HEAVEN FOR MD ANDERSON!

THANK HEAVEN FOR PINK!

VIEW MY CARD HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT19, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Welcome to the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread!

We are going to let you use your creativity for a cause for the entire month of October, and we are tickled PINK.

The rules are simple. We have three challenges on World Cardmaking Day, and one challenge each day of the month after that. Since our goal is to create as many cards as possible for MD Anderson's patients, you may not combine challenges. However, we will have prizes - we will draw from all participants for some fun crafty goodies, and have additional drawings for participants who complete ALL the challenges. And we might just have a few surprises in store.

So do you want to get started?

Upload your cards to our special Hope You Can Cling To gallery with the correct keyword.

When you complete each challenge, we ask that you package your challenge cards as described in each challenge and send them to our partner for this month - the MD Anderson Cancer Center - so that patients at the center being treated for breast cancer and their families can use and enjoy your beautiful creations.

Grab our blinkie here and tell the world about this fantastic creative cause!

There's no time limit per challenge - we just ask that your cards be mailed in October - ideally as you complete them - and the upload deadline for all challenges is November 1.

Ready to think pink?
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Challenge Title: Bring in the Brown
Hostess: Lori aka stamp_momma
Keyword: HYCCT02C
Date: Saturday, October 2th, 2010

When I stamp, I have a tendency to use browns like most people use black or grays. It's my staple for bottom cardstock layers, embellishments and accents - you name it. So when I was thinking about all of the pink that we'll be seeing in the beautiful Splitcoast gallery over the next few weeks, I thought some of it would look great paired with brown.

My challenge is to bring in the brown...think bottom layers, stamped accents, colored images, embellishments, ribbons and twines. Try replacing the black or greys in your project with variations of brown.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE
HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ashley_full_final.jpg (183.9 KB, 52 views)

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HYCCT03 - Unsentimental

Challenge Title: Unsentimental
Hostess: Joan B/Joan Bardee
Keyword: HYCCT03
Date: Sunday, October 3rd, 2010

THE CHALLENGE

This challenge is dedicated to my friend Nancy, whose best friend died of breast cancer. Let's take a horrible disease and try and bring some joy to those suffering from it.

Oh, and maybe you'll win a prize too!

Your challenge is to make a card without a sentiment on the front!
Hey, there is a reason this is called a challenge. It's harder than you think! But loads of fun too. Let's let our images speak for themselves!

Go for it. The patients and their families will love and appreciate your cards. And I can't wait to see your entries!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT03, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

__________________Attachment 197328
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scschallengebardee1.jpg (193.1 KB, 63 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Challenge Title: Twine Time
Hostess: mmbc (Maren)
Keyword: HYCCT05
Date: Tuesday, October 5th, 2010

Time for some TWINE! Twine is so hot right now AND I adore it! I challenge you to use it in a fun and unusual way. Challenge yourself to think outside the traditional TWINE tied button and have some FUN!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7272.JPG (65.9 KB, 88 views)

My Blog
My Gallery

Hostess: Julie Campbell aka Julie Campbell
Keyword: HYCCT18
Date: Friday, October 18, 2010

Today's challenge is to show us your vintage style! Use anything you've got: vintage-style stamps, images, gorgeous vintage laces and buttons...anything! And if you throw in some gorgeous vintage pink, all the better! Have fun!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thinking of You.jpg (49.7 KB, 24 views)

Challenge Title: Let's Get Sketchy
Hostess: flowergal36 AKA Dawn Burnworth
Keyword: HYCCT30
Date: Saturday, October 30th, 2010

Hello stampers.. As we are winding down a month of challenges for the Hope You Cling To I thought you might like a sketch to try. Please create a card with the attached sketch. Hope you can all come out and join us today.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT30, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Dawn B.
Anything is possible when you open your heart....
My BLOG
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Challenge Title: Don't be a SQUARE!
Hostess: willosmama aka AJ
Keyword: HYCCT13
Date: Wednesday, October 13th, 2010

For my WCMD Challenge I challenge you to create a card that isn't SQUARE of RECTANGULAR!

Use your dies, use your scissors, use your electronic something, but have FUN!
Make any shape that isn't your basic square or rectangular one- circles, flowers, coffee mugs, mitten shapes, snowflakes, etc...you get the point!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - not your regular member gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT13, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1157.jpg (28.0 KB, 20 views)

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Stazon Splitcoast

Default HYCCT14 ~ Thursday, October 14, 2010 ~ Ribbon, Ribbon, Ribbon

Challenge Title: Ribbon Ribbon Ribbon
Hostess: MelenaPrincess aka Kimme
Keyword: HYCCT14
Date: Thursday, October 14th, 2010

We associate the pink ribbon with breast cancer awareness. My challenge to you is to use a ribbon (any color) on your card, use as much as you like in any way you like.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT14, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WCMD1014Ribbon.jpg (67.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #24  
Watercolor Wizard

Challenge Title: Colors of Hope
Hostess: crafty1 aka Tanis Giesbrecht
Keyword: HYCCT15
Date: Friday, October 15th, 2010

Today I'm challenging you with a color combo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
We're going to use:
PINK - the color for breast cancer awareness
AQUA - which represents healing and hope
and
OLIVE - which represents peace.

You may use ONE neutral color as well - white, cream or kraft - and you're free to use a dark color for outline stamping and sentiments if you wish.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT15, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hopeyoucanclingto 001.jpg (73.0 KB, 29 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Challenge Title: Felt the Ta-tas!
Hostess: BevMom aka Bev Rousch
Keyword: HYCCT16
Date: Friday, October 16th, 2010

Today our challenge is "Felt the Ta-tas"!
(For real. It's important in early detection.)
My challenge to you is to incorporate felt somewhere on your project! I.love.felt. It's such a warm texture!
Let's see what you do with it!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT15, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Felt Christmas.jpg (35.6 KB, 34 views)

Challenge Title: The Great Escape
Hostess: understandblue aka Lydia Fiedler
Keyword: HYCCT31
Date: Sunday, October 31st, 2010

Well, all good things must come to an end, and so today, we have our very last Hope You Can Cling To Challenge. It's been an incredible month, with more than 1700 gallery entries (and counting) of some of the most beautiful things we've ever seen! You have brought a lot of joy into the lives of the patients and families at MD Anderson, and you should all give yourselves a round of cyber applause.

So as we say goodbye, we have a very, very special challenge for you, with a prize sponsored by our friends at Etsy.com.

Everybody needs a great escape every now and then. For most of us, crafting is our great escape from the stresses of life. Etsy is built on the labors of talented crafters like each of you, and their Treasury lists are collections of beautiful items that hold a ton of inspiration. I've spent many a happy hour in the Treasury, and it's a high crafty honor to be featured in one.

Your task today is to go to Etsy and choose one of their beautiful Treasury lists for your inspiration. Post a link to the Treasury list you chose in your card description and here in the chatter thread. When you go to their Treasury page, you can search the Treasury lists in the search box at the top right. For example, you can type in "pink" (or, in my case, blue ) or "wood" or anything that strikes your fancy.

And here's the best part.

Everyone who has completed all of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges, including this one of course, will be entered in a drawing for a $250 Etsy shopping spree!!

How's that for a happy ending??

So let's spend our Halloween getting crafty, shall we?

I chose this Treasury list for my inspiration. To find it, I searched "books" and just LOOK at those items! Wow.

It's like it was made for me! These are all of my favorite things when I need a great escape.

So enjoy browsing these little crafty wonders - I can't wait to see what you pick!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT31, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

For details on the Etsy prize redemption, click here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Etsy II 002 copy.jpg (48.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg etsy.jpg (86.5 KB, 13 views)
Hardware Hotshot

Challenge Title: Pop It Out!
Hostess: scrappinshemaine aka Shemaine Smith
Keyword: HYCCT17
Date: Sunday, October 17th, 2010

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello! This is my first hostess duty at Splitcoast and I'm so thankful for the opportunity! Today's challenge is for you to create a card using pop dots to POP your stamped image or any element off your card!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, not your regular member gallery with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg POPitout.jpg (63.9 KB, 30 views)

Challenge Title: Handmade Embellishments
Hostess: juliemcampbell007 aka Julie Campbell
Keyword: HYCCT21
Date: Thursday, October 21st, 2010

I LOVE embellishments - especially those pretty packaged embellies that are everywhere on the market! But... let's face it. These pretty packages can get expensive! So, here's my challenge for you: MAKE an embellishment for your card! Maybe you could stack a couple of buttons and tie them with twine... or create custom ribbon by coloring it with markers? Stamp an image and back it with layers of cardstock to create your own 'chipboard' element. The sky's the limit!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT21, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unity - CC Material Girl Thanks.jpg (116.9 KB, 24 views)

Click HERE to go to my Gallery!

Challenge Title: "Sew Thankful for Friendship"
Hostess: pinkgirl76 aka Jessica Diedrich
Keyword: HYCCT23
Date: Saturday, October 23rd, 2010

Although I can't remember when I began sewing on paper (and trust me, I'm hard-pressed to be able to complete a button repair otherwise!), I seldom do a card or two a week that does NOT use some kind of stitching! I love the look, and I love the finished quality to my cards when I'm finished. I also love the look of faux and hand stitching, too!

And what better metaphor is there to friendship than symbolizing how we are all "Stitched together"? I love that, and am very grateful for my stampy friends!

So, here's my challenge for you: Create a card using SOME kind of stitching (machine, faux, or by hand) and create it in a "Grateful for Friendship" theme! If you don't like to stitch, use a stamp with a needle or thread on the image, just SOMETHING related to stitching! I'm SEW excited to see what you come up with!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ***All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - not your regular member gallery ***, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT23, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attachment 198821
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7755.jpg (67.0 KB, 24 views)
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Challenge Title: Make Time
Hostess: JulieHRR a.k.a. Julie Ebersole
Keyword: HYCCT28
Date: Thursday, October 28, 2010

Having had girlfriends and family members afflicted with breast cancer has made me realize just how important it is, in the rush and scurry of every day, to stop and MAKE TIME for the beloved women in my life: Girlfriends, sisters, mothers. I don't know where I'd be without them.

My challenge to you is to create a card, inviting one or even a group of the special women in your life, to spend time--gather, hang out, go shoe shopping, whatever-- together, and have the imagery and sentiment "play" off each other, as they do in the example I have created. ;)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword HYCCT28 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT28.jpg (32.6 KB, 27 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: Button It!
Hostess: Jeanne S aka Jeanne Streiff
Keyword: HYCCT25
Date: Monday, October 25th, 2010

Everyone likes buttons, right? I have an easy challenge for you today.

Make a card with buttons. Lots of buttons, one button... whatever you want!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, not your regular member gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg JMSSNS Sitting Pretty Kitty copy.jpg (117.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg JMSHHS Happy Birthday Mouse copy.jpg (101.6 KB, 22 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Challenge Title: Cancer Is For The Birds!
Hostess: blondie090277
Keyword: HYCCT26
Date: Tuesday, October 26th, 2010

For this challenge you are to make a card using one of your favourite feathery friends. That's right folks...Cancer is for the birds! This challenge can be masculine or feminine or even for children so you better fly at it and let's see what kind of beautiful cards we can come up with for such a GREAT cause!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, not your regular member gallery - with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT26 - Cancer is for the Birds.jpg (53.4 KB, 23 views)
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Challenge Title: "Gettin' Glimmermisted Wit It"
Hostess: tiffguam, Tiffany Johnson
Keyword: HYCCT26
Date: Wednesday, October 26th, 2010

The last time I taught a cardmaking class, I chatted with a breast cancer survivor and she shared her story with me. The story of her strength overwhelmingly filled my heart with hope! My mother-in-law passed away a year ago from cancer, so I love to listen to anyone and everyone that's survived and persevered. This challenge is all about their stories. The kinds of tales that get you all misty eyed...

So, here's my challenge for you: Create a card incorporating any spray ink, glimmer mist, or perfect pearls/water combo.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT27, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT27.jpg (42.8 KB, 26 views)