View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #2102
shortontime
Compulsive Stamper

Good evening ladies. I've been very busy with life, work & studies & family this week and thus have not been checking in.

Jen I'm so glad to see that you are staying connected to others who can be a support to you. Its hard to be vulnerable and it just hurts so much. It will help though slowly but surely and it lets others know how you are.

Calianne, I'm wondering how the housing turned out? It does sound like just the kind of place you need. Keep your eyes on Jesus. I was reading about Peter this week and it was only when he took his eyes off of Jesus, that he started to sink.

Joan, my sincerest condolences on the loss of your cousin, and to your aunt as well. Pray there will be comfort for her and that she will sense God's presence.

My son got a job, very thankful to God for that, which he starts on Monday. He also sold a car that he had, today, so he has money in his pocket. Not good. He has not yet been able to make good choices when he has money. He is well aware that he needs to but ... Bad decisions this weekend may also affect the new job. This has been a regular pattern. I almost don't know how to pray anymore. I feel like I've said everything there is to say to God, over and over again. All I could do last night and today was surrender him to God. It hurts so much. I really need God's wisdom so that I will try not to do too much, or say the wrong thing, but still maintain a connection. (I have gone to a couple of Al-anon meetings. It wasn't a great fit. There may be one other in our community that I haven't tried. I haven't had time to search it out. I'm reading good al-anon material though and will also be meeting with a lady twice a month to pray. Its a new mentoring program in our church. My husband meets with some men from the church and that is his support.)

Thankful that my son & husband have broken the ice a little.
That has been good for my heart to see. Hubby is not as angry/bitter these days. Its a fine line at our house though and things seem to change quickly. The more I pray, the less I say, better goes the day. I think that should be my new mantra.

Thanks for listening and for prayers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!