View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
Cook22
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Default Photo Challenge #95~Berried Treasure {10/05/10}

It was funny seeing a post asking about night photos, because after spending several evenings trying to get a good night photo of a castle on a hill in Greece, I was nearly going to use that as the challenge this week.
But we were down in Clare (south west Ireland) for the weekend, and as the main purpose of our trip was to gather sloes for sloe gin, I decided to go with berries as the theme. I hope this will be accessible to everyone - and if there are no wild berries, things like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries count. Even a blueberry muffin could count as Berried treasure .
While I didn't think that the hedgerows were nearly as glowing red as they were almost exactly three years ago, we did very well with the sloes and picked over 11lb. We should have called a halt ten minutes earlier - I was just changing lenses for a wide-angle shot as we came down the hill when the rain started and soaked us. Thank goodness for an all-weather camera bag .

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ You can jump in and start any of the photo challenges at anytime..
~ Again - HAVE FUN

My photos are sloes (blackthorn), hawthorn and something too high up to identify . I forgot to take one of the blackberries at the end of the garden till after the light had started to fade tonight, so here's hoping for another sunny day tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg berries2.jpg (39.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg berries3.jpg (43.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg berries1.jpg (72.3 KB, 36 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!