View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
wendella247
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default SIC83 Leaves on Your Page (10/04/10)

Good morning!!

Fall is upon us and I, for one, love the season. However, I live in a suburb of Phoenix, AZ, the Valley of the Sun—and altho' I love it most of the year, I don’t really get to experience the cool, crisp days and beautiful fall foliage that I used to enjoy when I lived in New York State. Although there is cooler weather and some fall color in the higher regions of Arizona, there’s nothing that really hits the autumnal spot for me here. The beautiful fall photos that I occasionally have the opportunity to snap while on vacation have provided the inspiration for this challenge to Use Leaves On Your Page!

For the next 2 weeks you have an opportunity to play along and earn points. For each point you earn, your name goes in the drawing to win a terrific Christmas Prize package from Melisa (PaperliciousDesigns). Your points will be added to “the hat” already containing points earned by those scrappers who participated in Melisa’s challenge during the last 2 weeks. The winner will be selected randomly on October 17th and announced on the 18th. Are you ready??

As I mentioned, for this challenge, I’d like you to use leaves (other than those in your photos—no points for the pics themselves) on your page. I’ve chosen to make this more of a fall challenge, but if you want to pick a different season to use leaves, feel free to do so. Digi scrappers are also welcome to play!

Here’s my sample. I’ve also added some pages I did a while back that may give you some ideas:

Sample #2
Sample #3
Sample #4
Sample #5
Sample #6
Sample #7

Here are the points you can earn:

2 extra points for each type of leaf you use (Example: if you used leaf stamps, leaf rub-ons and paper with leaf design: 2 pts. for stamp leaves; 2 pts. for rub-ons; 2 pts. for paper = Total of 6 pts.)

Some ideas for using leaves:

- stamped
you could jazz up stamped leaves using:
- watercolor or chalk on punched or stamped cut-out leaves
- bleached stamped leaves (Video: (http://stamptv.ning.com/video/bleached-leaves)
- add glitter or other powder to punched or stamped leaves
- stickers
- die-cuts
- rub ons
- use leaf punches
- hand drawn
- paper with leaf designs
- digital elements printed to paper

More points: (these points count only once each. Example: if you use 5 chipboard pieces, add 2 pts. total only)

3 pts: Use a quote (I’ve attached below a list of quotes about fall, but you can use any quote you’d like that works for your page).
2 pts: Use chipboard.
2 pts: Use chalk or ink on edges of photos, embellies, journaling spots.
1 pt: Use brads, clips or other metal fastener on your page.
-----
4 pts: Get a new person, someone who hasn't played in the last 3 inspiration challenges, to play along. (4 pts. for each new person you get.)

2 pts: Combine this challenge with one or more other Scrapbook Challenges here at SCS. (2 pts. for each extra challenge you incorporate.)

2 pts: Advertise our challenge and that it is a 4-week contest with a prize package. Add a link connecting them to this page. (Ideas for ways to advertise: blog, other scrapping sites, add this info in the comments section under your photo in the gallery, etc.)

--------

Please calculate your points for us and list them in a comment here. If you don't tell us how your layout qualifies for each challenge, we may miss something.

DEADLINE : Oct 17, 11:59 p.m. EST

SIC83 Gallery

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Quotes About Fall.pdf (283.6 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by wendella247; 10-04-2010 at 12:28 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!