View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Yahoo to Toy
Default TLC293 ~ Youíre The Splitting Image..~ (10/04/10)

Hello, stampers!

Did you all have a nice weekend? Did you partake in the World Card Making Day events? Since this is our first challenge in October, which is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Iím going to add a little twist at the end of our challenge today.

~ Youíre The Splitting ImageÖ~

Years ago I worked in an office and we had these grouped wall hangings. They were essentially one picture split into three frames. Remember when those were popular? I may be dating myself..LOL

Our challenge today is to split your image. Cut it in two, or three, or fourÖ. And so on. Make it a puzzle or a mosaic or use just a piece of it, or whatever clever idea you can come up with!

Now, here is my *extra* challenge. Iím pretty sure that there is not one of us who has not been touched by breast cancer (or any cancer for that matter). Today Iím asking you to make your card for someone who is either a)battling cancer b) a cancer survivor or c) a caretaker of a cancer patient. It can be humorous, uplifting, or anything your recipient would enjoy. If you really donít know anyone who fits into that category, you might try checking out the Need A Lift forum here on SCS.

I made my card today for my aunt Marciís doctor (oncologist). She is an amazing woman who cares deeply about her patients. When we go to Marciís appointments, Bev (she insists we call her by her first name) talks TO Marci instead of AT her. She is a large reason that my Aunt Marci is still with us after 8+ years of battling.

Here is my sample:

~ The Quieter You Become ~

Please remember when uploading to use the keyword TLC293 (no spaces)

You can view the entire TLC293 gallery HERE.

~*~ I am posting early tonight I have to be in Denver super early tomorrow morningÖ hope you donít mind!

Now get to splittiní!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!