View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #62
NancyLuvsMickey
Glitter Guru

We started the vacation fund on their 40th anniversary and have been adding to it every year... Birthday's, anniversary's, holidays ~ instead of presents, the money gets added to the fund... And they don't want a party on their 50th, so us kids will just put that money in the fund too!!! By the time the get around to going to Alaska, the fund will hopefully pay for a nice chunk of their vacation.... If they ever go...

The "collect" Minneapolis Moline tractors... I say "collect" because Dad has way more than what Mom knows about... I think Mom knows about 12 of them, but I'm thinking he has like 15... Dad restores them and during the "warm" months (May thru September) they go on tractor rides in Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana almost every week... And May thru September is the only time you can go to Alaska... And gawd forbid if they had to miss a tractor ride or two while they're in Alaska... Geesh... Alaska is melting and tractors rides will always be there... I say to go Alaska!!!

I forgot about the summer clothes... When I pack that away next month, it'll be 6 boxes of clothes... Birth thru size 2T!!!

And I have size 3T and 4T packed away, ready to be pulled out and used... Both summer and winter... And the best part it it's all name brand clothes I got at garage sales... All the small towns have "city-wide" garage sales during the summer, and some have them in the fall too!!! It's kinda nice to hit 15 garage sales in an hour... Quick, easy and cheap shopping!!!! That's why I don't mind just giving it away...

I held garage sales when the two oldest were little, but what a pain in the butt... Good money, but very time consuming... And everyone wanted to drop their stuff off at my house, me price it and sell it, and then they come back at the end of the day and pick up their money, without helping!!!! And the worst part is, I let them do it!!! :SHOCK: They keep on asking when I'm gonna do another garage sale, and I tell 'em not, I just donate it to Goodwill...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!