View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #26
saffivort
Glitter Guru

This is such a fabulous cause! My nan (grandma) died of 3 cancers 20 years ago this year after 18 months plus of sheer hell. Her doctor kept telling her that the lumps (note lumps not just the one!) were nothing and just because she was getting old (she was 52 at the time!). After about 6 months or so she went to the doctors for something else and a locum was on as her doctor was off sick. He rushed her in for tests straight away and by that point the cancer had spread too far in her breasts to do anything with. Within 18 months she had died of breast cancer, skin cancer and cancer of the marrowbone and as her cancer was so wide spread none of the treatments she endured did anything at all. If only that first doctor had taken her worries more seriously!!! So basically anything I can do to support cancer research causes I jump on (although I can't do the running type ones but I will always send in donations!).

Over here in the UK we have a card drive for Cancer Research every year, organised by one of the UK craft companies and I always make sure the local stores can bags full of cards to sell.

Anyway, quick question after all my babbling, if I send UK sized cards with UK sized envelopes will these be ok? Is there a deadline for sending the cards in as well? I will probably send a box over at the end of the month rather than some each week.

Hugs, Vannessa x