View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default **Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To!**

Splitcoaststampers is proud to partner with the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center for a month long card drive to benefit those affected by breast cancer.

Whether your stamps cling to acrylic, wood, or to your hard drive, they hold the power to convey hope and lift the spirits of anyone who sees what you create with them. That is the inspiration for our “Hope You Can Cling To” stamping campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

We are kicking this campaign off on World Cardmaking Day - a day of celebration of the power of a handmade card. We encourage papercrafters across the globe to put their talents to work creating beautiful handmade cards to send to patients and their families at the MD Anderson Cancer Center, and, in the process, turn our gallery pink!

Hope is powerful medicine. Here is part of a letter recently sent to one of our site challenge hostesses from Jackie (M&M'sgrandma), a member of our community who is battling breast cancer:

I can never express how much getting all the cards has meant to me. On down days they are a ray of sunshine to brighten my day. So many people wrote of cancer survivors in their own family with wonderful words of encouragement. To know that all the people who have sent cards are praying for me is a powerful feeling. I have received a total of 73 cards to date and they are everywhere there is a free spot in my room. To have them to encourage me each day is wonderful, they are all so beautiful.

Jenny (jennypoo) writes:

A few of my friends met us at our house before heading to my parents, and I was showing them the cards you ladies have made for me. You guys blew the socks off them - LOL. They couldn't believe they were handmade, and they were getting a kick out of seeing where they came from. So you ladies managed to touch even more people through the cards.

Many in our community have been affected by breast cancer, directly or indirectly. We would love for each of the patients at the UT MD Anderson cancer center and their families to feel this same encouragement and inspiration and we know this community always rises to a challenge.

There will be special challenges in our
Splitcoaststampers Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum and our Member Company forums to inspire you throughout the month, and we will have some fun giveaways, including of course, some pink!

We'll begin the campaign with three challenges today, and we will have one each day in October. So head on over to the Master Challenge Thread and let's get crafty!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!