View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #2148
smhtwin
Pearl-ExPert

Andrea -

Your posts are wonderful! Great advice all the way around.

Just an update on my hassling to get transportation re-established for DS. To make a VERY long story short. it's just not going to happen.

Due to the lovely California 141 million dollar budget shortfall, the school district is unable to add a new route to help DS. There is no existing route close enough to add him to.

Their solution was to have him change schools. Yeah right.......

We are totally happy with his school and he's doing great so moving him is not an option at this point.

So, we are exploring paid transportation and also looking at finding a friend who can take him the 6 short miles from his school to his after-school care provider each school day when school is done.

It's more financially feasible for us to pay someone to help with this rather than me losing time from work every day with no pay to do the drop-off myself.

I'm so over worrying and haggling about all of this....I want to go to Sacramento and slap Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger myself and tell him thanks a lot for messing up the budget so bad.

Susan - thank you so much for the advice with this. You're a gem
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!