View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #2135
smhtwin
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Sheena - a big HUG to you!! We all know how you feel!!

You are doing the best that you can and that just has to be good enough for now. I can totally relate to getting dirty looks and rude comments; it happened to me this weekend while getting DS a haircut. He completely melted down and it was the worst time there yet. I was in tears outside of the place telling my sister how much I hate it when everybody stares and whispers things as you walk by and you're just trying to calm your child down.

I have no experience with medicating a child with autism. Maybe someone else can help with that?

Susan - no, the bus situation is still on-going. I have a call in to one of the Transportation schedulers to see what can be done. I was sent to this person by one of the school district's special ed ombudsman who frankly loves to listen to himself talk. Thanks for asking and I'll keep the thread updated as to what happens.

I've heard great things about that book by Ryan Peete and her mommy.

One nice side note: the childcare center where DS went to up until Sept. 3 sent a nice email telling me that the kids in the room miss DS and have been asking where he is.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!