View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #5027
irishjc820
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to irishjc820 Send a message via Yahoo to irishjc820

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusColorado View Post
Hey gals! I've been debating coming in here because I'm in something of a "mood" but I thought you might be able to cheer me up.

I'm so disappointed about the ride being canceled, despite the fact that I know it was totally the right call. I mean, for heaven's sake, one of my good friends lives in the fire area and is back home today briefly (sans power or water) but is still in harm's way. It's just hard when you train all season for something and then you don't get to do it. Since my life these days seems like a never-ending struggle against things I cannot maintain (cleaning my house is like bailing flood water with a friggin' teaspoon), I look forward to these events because they make me feel good...like I'm still accomplishing things, reaching goals. Stupid, I know, but still. It is what it is.
It's not stupid, Jus. Just like anything that you've been looking forward to and preparing for, it's disappointing when it doesn't happen. No, it's nothing compared to what people truly affected by the fires are dealing with, but that doesn't mean you can't mourn a little over losing out on the chance to finish what you started.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!