View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #147
cardsbynikki
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetickatie View Post
Anyone have a template for the toppers to the M&M sticks? I just bagged 43 of them (orange was the most popular color actually lol) and need a paper topper for them. Wal-Mart had the bags for $3.68 each, I couldn't believe how expensive they were. I bought two and got 43 sticks (2 are mixed colors, all the rest are individual color sticks). I feel like I would have been better off using a 40% off coupon at Michael's or Hobby Lobby to buy bags of single colors. Oh well, what's done is done! My Wal-Mart doesn't carry the single black sheets, so I got two beige sets for $5 each. They come with a fitted sheet and pillowcase, so I'm not sure what I'll do with the fitted sheets. Pillowcases are always useful, especially in a color like beige. So I have my sheets, some display baskets, some vintage suitcases for displaying items, and am working on my name and price signs. I'm also working on my booth name/business name banner. Did I mention I haven't even applied yet? I figure if I don't get in, I can just save everything for another show, no biggie. The $60 fee is hard to come by right now when I keep buying supplies!

How much do you all charge for your M&M sticks? Figuring in the bags and M&Ms I'd have to charge $0.37 to break even, so I was thinking of 50 cents a stick. But then I have taxes so maybe $0.60. I hate that weird number but I could do two for a dollar. Also, do you think 43 sticks is enough? I might use a coupon and buy some purple or white M&Ms from Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

Any help on the toppers would be greatly appreciated! If you have a file you can send me with your design I would love to use it and replace all the custom stuff with my own (logo, name, website, price, phone, etc.). I just don't know about sizing and all that stuff. I basically need a starting point lol!
For the toppers I just do whatever coordinates with the theme of the M&M stick. I've done graduation hats, mickey mouse heads, scallop circles, flowers, pumpkins, turkeys, snowmen, santa heads etc. I just make two of them and make sure they can be put back to back without looking weird. I run them through my Xyron and then put the front one on the top of the bag, press down a bit, flip over, put on the back, press down firmly and I'm done. With the flowers I add a few leaves and I do green m&ms in the tube.

I don't sell mine, so I can't help you on pricing, sorry! OH and I do mine so it opens on the bottom - after I fill it, I seal it then flip it, so the topper goes on the bottom of the bag. This way they can open it and eat their chocolate without having to take off the topper.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!