View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #4460
redcolt
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
I understand. I thought about that myself. This new lifestyle of mine is way too expensive, even with free drinks and food! I don't know if I'm quite ready to take the plunge, especially with the internet, but it is tempting! I am definitely going to cancel HBO next week after True Blood is over. It's only $15/month, but every little bit helps.
I really miss having cable, especially now that I don't work. Some afternoons I'd really love to lay on the couch and channel surf, but that's one expense that we agreed to give up when I quit working full time years ago. Sometimes we talk about giving up internet service, too, but I think I'd go batty being home all day without my connection to the outside world. If I worked and could surf during the day it would be different - I wouldn't need it at home.

It's a tough decision to make. Something to think about - check and see if you can cut back to a limited cable - just local channels. Most cable companies don't advertise this service, but they do offer it. We pay about $20 a month for our local abc/nbc/cbs/Fox/TBS service and it's nowhere to be found on the TimeWarner services listings. We had to call and ask about it. Much cheaper than the $80 a month for "basic" cable and you can still get local news and weather and a tiny smattering of entertainment.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!