View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #4449
irishjc820
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to irishjc820 Send a message via Yahoo to irishjc820

Quote:
Originally Posted by clou72 View Post
Ron took me out Saturday to a nice restaraunt called Erie Station. I had cajun shrimp alfredo.... oh my yum!

I made a major breakthough this weekend. It's kind of funny and irritating to me all at the same time. Ron has a group of friends he has been friends with FOREVER. Like all through school. The group is six guys including Ron. Sometime back, before I ever even met Ron, Gretchen was telling me about these guy friends of Melanies that she met, and the conversation came up because Melanie likes one of them (Rons friend Kristian) and one of the things she told me is these guys are slow to warm up and are not very welcoming to new girlfriends to the group.

Let me tell you - she wasn't joking. These guys barely ever even spoke to me when I saw them, sometimes they didn't even say hello. Of course I am thinking what a bunch of jackholes. I can't imagine, say for example, Gretchen bringing a new guy around and me not talking to him. Well this weekend we went up to the bar after dinner to meet up with his friends and Gretchen and Melanie - and ALL of them spoke to me and said hi to me, and engaged me in conversation. I was stunned. Even the worst of the two, because not all of them were bad. Weird dymanic those guys have. I am relieved because I used to dread and avoid going up to "their" bar. Not that we even did all that often, but the few times we did.

I told Gretchen, I guess this makes me official now. LOL!
Yay for the breakthrough! That's not cool that they used to be so cold toward you. Still, if they've been friends that long, I guess they're probably all just looking out for each other and want to make sure a new girl is suitable for their friend. And obviously, you are!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!