View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 05:17 AM   #127
kinetickatie
Kookie Creator

Anyone have a template for the toppers to the M&M sticks? I just bagged 43 of them (orange was the most popular color actually lol) and need a paper topper for them. Wal-Mart had the bags for $3.68 each, I couldn't believe how expensive they were. I bought two and got 43 sticks (2 are mixed colors, all the rest are individual color sticks). I feel like I would have been better off using a 40% off coupon at Michael's or Hobby Lobby to buy bags of single colors. Oh well, what's done is done! My Wal-Mart doesn't carry the single black sheets, so I got two beige sets for $5 each. They come with a fitted sheet and pillowcase, so I'm not sure what I'll do with the fitted sheets. Pillowcases are always useful, especially in a color like beige. So I have my sheets, some display baskets, some vintage suitcases for displaying items, and am working on my name and price signs. I'm also working on my booth name/business name banner. Did I mention I haven't even applied yet? I figure if I don't get in, I can just save everything for another show, no biggie. The $60 fee is hard to come by right now when I keep buying supplies!

How much do you all charge for your M&M sticks? Figuring in the bags and M&Ms I'd have to charge $0.37 to break even, so I was thinking of 50 cents a stick. But then I have taxes so maybe $0.60. I hate that weird number but I could do two for a dollar. Also, do you think 43 sticks is enough? I might use a coupon and buy some purple or white M&Ms from Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

Any help on the toppers would be greatly appreciated! If you have a file you can send me with your design I would love to use it and replace all the custom stuff with my own (logo, name, website, price, phone, etc.). I just don't know about sizing and all that stuff. I basically need a starting point lol!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!