View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #102
dhb1281
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
I am currnetly working on 36 of these assembly line style. The velco closure being the last step. I started to put the velcro self adhesive on mine today. I am only using 1/2 circle for each one as someone on this site suggested. The package instructions on mine said to make sure surface is clean. I washed my hands before I started, to make sure there was no oil or hand lotion on my fingers and tried not to touch the area were the velco would go on the folders with my hands at any time. I rubbed the area with a clean cloth after ruffing up the surface of the paper with the tip of my paper piercer (my folders have a slick finish to them) and applied the velco. I was also very careful as not to let anything touch the adhesive side of the velco especially with my hands, as body oil I am sure would weaken the adhesive strength. I will test them tomorrow as per the instructions on the package said do not move as adhesive reaches its maximum strength in 24 hours. The instruction also stated high tempertures would weaken the strength of the adhesive. I have two differant packs of velcro and one pack had all the instructions and the other pack came without directions. Hopefully this will work. I only put the velco on four tonight to test it. If this doesn't work I will have to go to plan B. I have no idea what plan B is, so I pray this works!
Yipee!! Doing the happy dance all around the craft room!! After following the above steps and waiting almost 24 hrs to test them, the adhesive on the back of the velcro is sticking to the altered file folders!! Yeah!! The package I used is called Designer's Choice velcro brand clear craft dots. I got them over a year ago and I think I purchased them at Wal-mart and they worked!

Last edited by dhb1281; 09-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: spelling
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!