View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
fletch95
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
I had asked this on the last thread but only had one response so I'm trying again on the new thread

I need ideas on how to attach velcro to the mini portfolios made from file folders (or of another way to keep them closed). The velcro pieces end up detaching when the folder is opened, and I'm not sure which adhesive would be best to make sure they stay down.

The velcro is self-adhesive, but I've also tried Scor Tape (that completely covers the velcro) and hot glue. Both end up not sticking after awhile. Maybe I need to do something like magnetic closures, but I'm afraid that I'll have the same problem with them not staying attached.

Would really appreciate any help because these are really cute, and I have about 15 made but can't sell them if they keep coming undone. Thanks!!

(Also...did you know that you can subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" at the top? That way you don't have to post to subscribe
I actually emailed Beate the same question, but for a different project. She told me about the magnetic snaps. I haven't ordered some yet, but they look like they would do the trick. Here's the website:

Magnetic Snaps Small
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!