View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #16
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsruss View Post
I've never had any issues with my velcro sticking to cardstock. I do splurge a bit on the velcro though. I only use the 3M brand. I did try an off brand from the dollar store once but it did have the issue where it wouldn't really stick. I don't use the dots. I buy the pack that has a bunch of feet in it on a strip and I cut off little squares. Since you don't see it when it's closed anyway it really hasn't been an issue. Also, just another little suggestion, I always put the fuzzy side on the flap and the scratchy part on the cover so that when its opened and someone who is right handed is writing on the notepad their hand isn't getting all scratched up by that velcro piece.

I'm on vacation as of 5pm tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait! It's going to be a stormy, rainy weekend so I plan on bunkering down and tackling my craft sale item list. I've made a list of items I'd like to make and desired quantities so I'm hoping to make a huge dent in that list! Assembly line ahoy! lol
I agree with the above advice about using velcro for closing paper items. Also, be sure you do not have the "super strength" industrial type velcro. I accidentally got a package of that kind and found that it stuck together so firmly that it pulled the velcro right off the card when you tried to open it. It was made for uses like holding the remote to the side of the TV and was waaaay overkill for holding paper together.

I bought the name brand self-stick regular velcro at Walmart in strips and then cut squares about 1" x 1". Then I cut these into 4 pieces. You really only need a tiny bit to hold something together.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!