View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #2603
Rachelhope13
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
So, further confirmation that I don't need Steve.

I was the first one to get to the bar tonight, so I was talking to Vinny the bartender for a little while and as soon as I sat down, he asked how my birthday was. So sweet that he remembered.

Then later one of the girls asked how dinner with Steve was on Monday, because she hadn't heard how he forgot about it. So we were talking about that for a few minutes and Vinny came over and said "I don't mean to butt in, but I've only known you for a few months, and we've never dated, but I remembered your birthday. So he's a tool for not remembering it".

And you know what? He's right! If my bartender can remember, so should my supposedly good friends!

Steve IM'd me today and said he'll be down here for dinner with co-worker tomorrow night and said if I'm free after, maybe we could get together for a drink and catch up, and he offered to help me with my resume (he sent me a job opening at his company that he thinks would be a really good fit for me). If I'm free, and it works out, I'll go, but if something (or someone) better comes up, I'm bailing on him.
Go Vinny! Me Likey Vinny!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!