View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #115
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #108

This week's destination is Alea, a 14 year old who was brought to my attention by fellow teapotter Marilynn (Apandi). Alea is the daughter of a good friend of Marilynn's. Marilynn got to know Alea because of her interest in The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Marilynn is a Tour Guide at the Molly Brown House Museum in Denver, Colorado and enjoyed giving Alea the tour. How cool is that?

Alea has had a really rough year and a half or so. Her initial surgery a year ago was due to a slipped vertebrae which has led to several infections and hospitalizations since. Some of the hardware that was placed in her back needed to be removed in June and since then she has been hospitalized once again for infection. She just came through her latest surgery with an open wound and vacuum and is now home anxiously awaiting her return to school once she is recovered.

Alea loves sports especially volleyball, softball and swimming and has not been able to participate in any this summer. She has a feminine side as well loving girly girl things so your cards will be cherished I am sure! Thanks for lifting her spirits as she recovers from her latest surgery and looks forward to getting back to school with her friends!

Here is her address:

Alea Mulqueen
2569 Quintero Way
Aurora, Co 80013

Thank you everyone!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!