Thread: Copic FAQ
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #98
johnson_marji
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to johnson_marji Send a message via MSN to johnson_marji

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie in cornwall View Post
What is everyone's opinion for taking a Copic Certification course? I have the opportunity to take one here in the UK for 120 - a lot of money. My local art and craft store stock Copic Ciao pens only and have asked me to demo them to the craft group - I've been using markers for a few years but Copics for only about 6 months. They are not asking for me to be Copic Certified, and don't consider it an 'industry standard' qualification so I wonder if it's worth doing (that 120 could buy a lot more markers). I'm also on the DT for a stamp company here in the UK - they are considering stocking Copic but think the Certification isn't worth the paper it's written on!

Copic courses are fairly new to the UK where Letraset ProMarkers have been the preferred alcohol ink marker for crafters until recently. I would appreciate your honest opinions on the Copic Certification courses and, if you have taken one - what use was it too you?

hugs, annie x
I took the certification class and found it very worth my while. The numbering system and blending techniques moved my art to a whole new level. Maybe you totally understand how the numbers work with each other and you don't need the class or the uses of the different toners to create shading and light, I found I would buy colors and then work in one dimension ~ I was spending a whole lot of funds without a rhyme or reason. Now I have filled in the gaps and really feel like I can use these tools to truly create the way these markers are suppose work. Oh and skip to the airbrushing by buying a compressor, it will save time and money!

Hope this helps~