View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #2125
Sheena74
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianKristin View Post
Hi Sheena,
The empathy moments are slowly becoming a weekly occurrence around here. It's been a huge focus at therapy for almost two years and it is lovely to see all the efforts on all our parts starting to pay off even just intermittently! One moment at a time, that's my motto!

Ah, autism, you are kicking my butt and I am weary and I grow tired of my whining heart and I grow tired of feeling guilty that it could be worse but isn't.

Do you think the universe would tell on me if I just went back to bed and hid under the covers for a few hours?

Kristin
If I was you- I would have probably went and crawled under the covers... instead of running errands. I am starting to have a difficult time when I have someone watch DS, getting the stuff done I am suppose to be doing because I am so Tired, usually frustrated, and just want to be left alone for a couple hours but truthfully I am lucky to get a couple hour break 1X a month. DH works so many hours - he is always gone before DS wakes up in the AM- sometimes walks in the door 30 min before bedtime for DS - so it is just "Me" taking care of him.

Your Ah, Autism saying is sooo true. I always tell myself no matter how crazy it gets that it could always be worse...heck I am lucky to have adopted such a beautiful, intelligent, child but I sometimes blame myself for his problems even though it wasn't me doing drugs and drinking during the pregnancy, it wasn't me that choose drugs over my beautiful newborn Son, but then I think Maybe I am being too hard on him, Maybe I expect too much, maybe I didn't nouture him enough, even though he was in my home since he was 4 days old. Will the guilt ever go away, even if it just a little bit??

Sheena
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!