View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #2123
smhtwin
Pearl-ExPert

Hello right back at our Canadian friends!!

Yes, some schools are back in session. DS goes back on 09/07.

I'm STILL on the hunt for a new after-school care place for DS. It's been such a challenge

I've made at least 20 phone calls and have visited 5 home daycares. Four of them were completely unacceptable. The one that I returned to for a second look (and took DS with me) was sheer chaos when I got there and poor DS was completely overwhelmed by all the noise. What really bothered me though was the care provider made no effort to interact with DS. She obviously was having a crazy day and that showed through in her lack of engagement with either me or DS. So, she's off the short list.

I have an appointment today with another home daycare provider who currently has a 4 1/2 year old autistic child in her care in addition to the other kids there. I'm hoping I will get a bit more empathy with this one.

Wish us luck and keep your fingers crossed! I'm running out of time to find a new provider and try to get DS transitioned before Sept. 7th.

OK - done venting - thanks for listening
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!