View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #557
katlady2
Pearl-ExPert

Morning girls.

Lori, sorry your Dad is being such a stinker. Very frustrating to say the least.

Finally got my desk for the office and the book case yesterday. Got my file cabinet assembled and almost completed the desk yesterday, just the drawers and door to put on, then the book case. YAY!

This house is like a dream come true for us. I can't tell you how many times I have heard DH say "thank you Jesus" in the last week. It feels so HUGE compared to the other place. The yard is a wonderful almost blank slate for us to work with. May even start this fall with some perennial plantings, may bring some hostas and iris bulbs from the other place. Also going to ask DH to bring a start from the Lilac bush that was a start from the bushes his aunt & uncle had at the house of theirs we rented for a year when we were first married and brought with us when we moved to Champaign.
It is so wonderfully peaceful here. Worst noise is the kids next door that are playing loudly out in their yard. No swearing, thumping stereos or kids standing in the middle of the street daring you to hit them. I don't sound joyfully happy, now do I? LOL. It is such a blessing for this to have all happened for us. OK, I've rattled on enough. Need to get a move on and finish assembling my furniture, then start on shower schtuff for tomorrow. I think I will make a small package of bath salts for all the ladies attending as a party favor. Did I share that we are having a pinata that is a tiki head? I think we are going to have a blast!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!