View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #544
tracim
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Linda, so nice you love to cook and Ken also. Your dinners always sound yummy!
I don't cook as healthy as I could, but I am a meat and potatoes kind of gal, I guess. I do love salmon and shrimp and experimenting with recipes definitely!
Thinking about your dress, have you tried asking the clerks at the counter to check other locations? I know Macy's and Nordstroms and several shoe stores do that, it seems they could try to check, but Ross and TJ Maxx, since they have limited inventory and get overstock, may not have a way to check inventories.
Sure hope you find one, sounds lovely!

Lori, I think it's pretty generous of your parents to give you money for your anniversary, and so glad you are going to get away...yes, I would avoid the MIL detour trip and just enjoy!! Parents always think there money goes along with control...it is a hard trap to avoid...just to give and not expect anything, even compliance, as an outcome. We have learned that lesson the hard way with our grown daughters. You can only hope for gratitude.
Hope someday your parents can if not appreciate, respect, your choice to homeschool and stay at home in this stage of your life.