View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #4438
Krafty*Kate
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
Just wondered why you spray with a sealer?? I thought one of the features of using the tumble marble tiles is the absorbency and if sprayed with a sealer they would no longer be absorbent. I checked with my daughter who has been using a set for hot and cold beverages and she said there has been no bleeding or fading. She has been using them for about 8 months. I haven't used any sealer and have not baked them, but they were done with all stazon ink. I guess I will experiment with one tile with the stazon/sharpie combination and check for bleeding before I do a bunch.
I sprayed the coasters to protect the image. I used Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze, which gives a bright, high-gloss finish, looks like glass, and gives the illusion of depth. I love the look of these - so "finished". I have used one of the sealed coasters for over 4 years and have never had a problem with condensation beading from cold drinks so I don't know why it would be a deterrent from people buying them? To each his own, I guess...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!