View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #4434
sunnyone
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
Just wondered why you spray with a sealer?? I thought one of the features of using the tumble marble tiles is the absorbency and if sprayed with a sealer they would no longer be absorbent. I checked with my daughter who has been using a set for hot and cold beverages and she said there has been no bleeding or fading. She has been using them for about 8 months. I haven't used any sealer and have not baked them, but they were done with all stazon ink. I guess I will experiment with one tile with the stazon/sharpie combination and check for bleeding before I do a bunch.
My tiles are stamped with stazon ink and colored with SU chalks. My first attempt at the tiles was to bake them but when I tested them, the color ran. The best thing that has worked for me has been to seal them with the acrylic sealer. Check my gallery for samples of some of the tiles I have done. The tumbled tile coasters have sold well at the local market. I will be doing trivets using the larger tumbled tiles and will post pics as soon as I can.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!