View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #4428
dhb1281
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty*Kate View Post
I have never cleaned my tiles with baby wipes, but it makes sense that they might leave a little residue on the tiles. I wash my tiles well with water and a clean dish scrubber and then let them dry overnight before stamping. Also make sure that you stamp with stazon and then let it dry overnight before coloring with sharpies. Sometimes I even stamp the stazon, then bake, then color with sharpies, then bake again, and THEN seal with spray sealer. Overkill right???
Just wondered why you spray with a sealer?? I thought one of the features of using the tumble marble tiles is the absorbency and if sprayed with a sealer they would no longer be absorbent. I checked with my daughter who has been using a set for hot and cold beverages and she said there has been no bleeding or fading. She has been using them for about 8 months. I haven't used any sealer and have not baked them, but they were done with all stazon ink. I guess I will experiment with one tile with the stazon/sharpie combination and check for bleeding before I do a bunch.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!