View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #4272
tat2girl
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty*Kate View Post
Woo hoo, I am so excited! Last weekend I had an opportunity to put some of my handmade craft items in a friend’s specialty boutique and so far I have made $26!! She said the tooth fairy boxes I made were the first things to go and I also sold two 4X6 magnetic frame post-it note holders w/mini gel pen, a 6X6 tile trivet, 2 jumbo paperclip bookmarks, and a princess wooden door hanger.

Her shop is in Lynchburg, TN, which is where the famous Jack Daniel’s distillery is located – people come from all over the world to tiny Lynchburg (population: 400!) to tour the distillery. In October there is a huge BBQ cook-off (over 25,000 in attendance!) and she said I can setup a craft booth outside her shop. Hopefully the weather will be nice that weekend and people will be ready to SHOP! Her location is great because it is right beside the park where all the BBQers set up. Now I need to get busy making sure my booth looks great and that I have plenty of stock to sell!

I hope this opportunity leads somewhere... Yesterday when I went by her shop I brought plenty of business cards so hopefully I will get some business from that as well. Well, just thought I would share my exciting news – hope everyone has a great weekend!

Woo Hoo is right! Way to go Kate!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!