View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #2121
CanadianKristin
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena74 View Post
What a wonderful moment... I look forward to the day my Son can show Empathy, right now I can just looking forward to the day he can use his words to tell what is wrong and how he is feeling. instead of screaming and hitting something/someone.

Sheena
Hi Sheena,
The empathy moments are slowly becoming a weekly occurrence around here. It's been a huge focus at therapy for almost two years and it is lovely to see all the efforts on all our parts starting to pay off even just intermittently! One moment at a time, that's my motto!

My son is very verbal: "I hate you!" "You are stupid!" "You are the worst mommy in the whole entire world" "I hate you!" "I hate this stupid dinner/toy/moment!" "I'm going to hit you!" "I'm leaving!" "I hate this!" LOL I actually put more stock in his gentle hands on my face because words are just a stim for him sometimes.

Ah, autism, you are kicking my butt and I am weary and I grow tired of my whining heart and I grow tired of feeling guilty that it could be worse but isn't.

Today I have dropped the two youngest boys (autism and typical) to Grandma's so I can attempt to get the bzillion errands run. Do you think the universe would tell on me if I just went back to bed and hid under the covers for a few hours?

Kristin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!