View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #280
tracim
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Good morning girls!!
PS, the only way I can tell you are pms'ing is you stay away, and unless you are traveling, you are checking in regularly. So no, you aren't cranky on here or irrational. I'm just glad when you come back!

My family thinks I am way too sensitive, so I am working on that this trip. It is hard when you have (I was going to say an insensitive husband, but that sounds mean)...because he is sincere and he does things for us, and never insists on things his way...he just interrupts me when I am starting to say something. So then I get irritated, or I'll remember something, and he'll say, no, you're thinking of this...and of course, he is right because my long term memory is not great. But it gets on my nerves...and lately Erin does it too...so I just stopped talking. Because not only am I senile but I just might start saying something that isn't so sensitive and sweet. Anyway, I decided I am not going to dwell on it, and I am
so so so enjoying seeing my daughter and husband together and seeing how mature our daughter is getting and seeing my husband relax and not have his head glued to a cell phone.

Today we are going to the beach, it is Cannon Beach, Oregon (about an 1 1/2 hour drive from here ). It will be beautiful...it's a place where a lot of artists go to paint seascapes, very picturesque!!

And we won't have the dogs until we get to my brother's house which will be just for one day, when my sil's is having a barbeque for all the family so we can see all of them without having to drive all over the country. So that will be really fun!!

We picked out a couple of wooden toy sets at Ikea...a large train set with the wooden tracks you put together (perfect for his age)...and another one for right now. I think they are good choices, and his mom can decided if she wants him to have both now or what.

So, having a very good bonding time...yesterday went to The Grotto, to the mouth of the Columbia River Gorge and got pictures, to Lake Oswego and went to my fave kitchen store, Sur la Table...(ooh la la) and then home to rest for an hour and then out to dinner to Ruth Chris Steak House. So a busy day...but fun!

Beth, how fun that you've been here!! We are staying at The Embassy Suites in the heart of downtown Portland, it makes it easier to see the things DD wanted to see. I prefer being out of downtown, but it is very convenient, the beds are wonderful, and they have a full cook to order breakfast buffet every morning so it cuts down on costs also!!
Wish I'd known about the Ikea candy bars yesterday, makes sense they'd be so yummy!!

Wishing everyone else a good day, need to scoot.

Check in tomorrow.