View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 06:55 AM   #4209
nsruss
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Pat! They came that natural color. Because they are stone there is a lot of variation in the color of the tiles. I tried to choose four for each set that bordered along the same shade. I didn't bake mine and have never tried that so I don't know if it would be better or not. I stamp with Palette ink and then let them dry for 24 hours or until I remember them again. Ha ha! To seal them I sprayed them with a couple of layers of Delta Ceramcoat Matte Interior Spray Varnish. I have no idea where I originally got this spray can as I've had it a few years, but I would think you could find it anywhere with the Delta Ceramcoat tole paints. The side of the can says that its for use over acrylic paint. I did try it on a sample tile first to make sure it wouldn't make the ink run, but all was well. I guess you could use any sort of spray varnish to finish them off. I like the look (or the lack of look I guess) from the matte spray. I would test whatever you choose first though just to make sure it won't make the ink run.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!