View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #4196
not2shabbydesigns
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsruss View Post
I actually ended up driving to Maine on Saturday just for the composition books at Walmart. lol The customs guy said "And the purpose of your visit?" So I tell him I'm going to Walmart and he says, "Maam, do you mind me asking why you would drive an hour and a half to go to Walmart? What do we have that you don't?" And I told him about the composition books. He got a good laugh out of it. And said he was going to call his wife and tell her. Ha ha! Of course I bought lots of other things while I was there. The price on the comp books here in Canada was at least $1.50, so I saved a lot of money even when I factored in my gas to get there.

Friday evening I spent my time making coasters. I have two sets done so far. I just wanted to make a couple and get some opinions. I had the picture with me at work today and already have four orders so it was worth it. The coasters might not make it to the craft shows at all. I'm attaching a pic. I'm selling them for $20 for the set of four. Not a bad return on investment since I got them on clearance for 15 cents each. So total for a set of four with little rubber bumpers on the bottom ended up costing me about 75 cents per set. I plan on putting them in a cello bag from M's and then wrapping with a pretty ribbon. I'll include a business card in the bottom of the bag.

great item and fantastic profit!! isn't it nice when your art is so appreciated?

(i'm thinking pedicure with the profits, lol)...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!