View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #4180
Babyfaces4
Glitter Queen

Default Table Set up

My hints for setting up for craft show are use a BLACK sheet for a table cloth especially if your items vary in colors. Things stand out more against the black and you don't have to worry about things getting lost in the color of the table. Black sheets can be found very inexpensive at Walmart ($4.00 for a twin sheet). Make sure to make signs with prices that are easily read. Believe it or not most people won't ask the price of things unless they are REALLY interested in buying the item. I use the colors of the holiday, example: Halloween, I use black tent signs with prices written on white card mounted on either orange, purple or neon green and then mounted on the black tent. Christmas, use red, green on white or darker green or red tent. Play with the colors and see what you like best. I also try to dress up the table by sprinkling shaped confetti on the table. I either buy a package or make my own using a punch and make shapes to go along with the holiday. For St. Patrick's Day I used store bought metallic shamrocks, Christmas I made Xmas Trees and Snowflakes, Halloween I used Pumpkins. I also had the little metallic centerpieces that went with the holidays that I bought at Dollar Tree. since making these changes to our table I've sold A LOT more items that way! Last year at our WORST show of the season I sold $200+ of just my table items by having my table set up this way and I increased my sales of table items at all my other shows too. We seen a BIG increase in sales after I made these changes and we've been doing craft shows for 20+ years. I'll have to check to see if I have any pictures of our set up and post them. We don't have our first show until Oct. 2nd (trying two shows in one day here too on that day) and have five after them, but I'm organizing and getting ready to start making our items for this fall. I'll post pictures as I finish them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!