Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #838
The Wizard
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafting mad View Post
Maybe I should try slice help again then, they just gave me the impression that they couldnt or wouldnt be of further help and they wouldnt say if it was just mine or not.

I asked the shop it was from if I could return it if it is faulty when I bought it, but the longer this goes on obviously the less likely this will be.

8( hope its not just mine that does this.

I believe that your friend is mistaken or hasn’t noticed these small cuts or ‘tails, as they could be on the ‘negative’ part of the paper (this may be difficult to see on patterned paper). A number of members on this forum and on the Making Memories forum have said that their Slice machines leave small cuts. Both of the Slice’s I have (which are blue, but the colour is irrelevant) leave small cuts.

A simple test is to choose a shape that has a number of internal cuts (the size doesn’t really matter), and then cut out the shape. Use a magnifying glass to look closely at both sides of the cut line on the paper, and they will be there.

The ‘tails’ will usually be worse as the start of the cut gets further away from the machine’s centre, which is noticeable on the smaller shape sizes. This is due to rotational backlash, but that’s another story.

If you are still convinced that the machine is faulty, and you are unhappy with it, then take it back and get a refund.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!