View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #4106
cardsbynikki
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldumont999 View Post
I really love the M&M sticks but when I went to the site recommended and began placing the order I was shocked. I was going to order pkg of 2000 for around $29.00 - but the shipping was $16.50!!! I usally order from PapterMart.com. I recently placed an order for $90.00 and the shipping was only $9.00. That I can deal with. Unfortunately they have every size imaginable except the 1" width. I'm going to have look around a little more because paying close to $17.00 shipping for a 29.00 pkgs is more than I can deal with.
I have purchased my m&m bags from 2 different places and the quality was the same. The first place I got them from was Arnie's Arts and Crafts, it was 10 bags for 80 cents plus about $3 to ship the package.

The next order I placed with Clear Bags because I was ordering some retail handle bags (so I didn't have to use old grocery bags to bag up orders at the shows) and some other things. It came in a package of 100 bags for $4. The more you order, the cheaper they come. I knew I was going to use a ton of them over the next few years, so I ordered 500 for $15. My shipping was about $10 but I also ordered a couple hundred retail bags and some clear boxes. I don't know what the shipping would be just for the 1x8 bags.

I do my m&m bags like someone else here (cant remember quite who at the moment, so sorry!). I open them up and stick a straw in. Then I push on the bottom of the bag to make it go flat against the bottom of the straw. This kind of creates a flat bottom so they fall in. Then I just pick them up one by one and push them in and they fall into place. I don't sell them (I don't want to sell food I have to handle) but I give them all the time as gifts. When I'm done I seal the bag and then put some of topper on it - I've done stars for a party, fringe fireworks for fourth of July, flowers (with green m&ms only, for the stem), graduation caps, mickey mouse heads, whatever fits the theme. My Gazelle cuts whatever I want, and it's so super easy that way!

My retail handle bags I will put a custom label on the front (still trying to decide what to name my booth, I'm coming up with NOTHING, so frustrated) so it looks professional. I'll computer generate them, put some scor-tape on the back and slap them on.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!