View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #4092
patscrap
Polyshrink Goddess

Loribelle,

I have never had great success with selling on etsy.com although there are certainly people who do very well. I have looked at different sites to try to figure out what is selling and I can't figure out why some do well and others don't. I wish I was really good with graphic design because creating etsy banners and blog banners is one area that sells extremely well.

I have gotten a number of contacts through having the etsy store. There is a geographic search function which is useful to those trying to find local crafters. I now sell cards and scrapbooks in a local gift shop and have been contacted a number of times to participate in craft fairs based on this feature.

My husband works for the USPS, so that is how I ship. He takes everything to work with him and that keeps me from having to go the the Post Office. Most things ship in padded envelopes with cardboard inserts to keep them from getting bent. If I have anything bigger/heavier I use the flat rate Post Office mailers.

I keep trying to figure out how I can make money with my papercrafting hobby. I am undoubtedly still in the red. Fortunately, I love making cards and scrapbooking and I get a thrill when someone likes my stuff enough to buy it. I guess I won't be able to quit my day job anytime soon!

Hope this helps!

Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
Pat, I was just wondering about your etsy store. I've had a lot of people telling me I should put my stuff on there for sale...but I'm just wondering about the shipping mostly. Do you find it worth it? I've tried ebay, and sold one set of cards last year, but not the rest. Does anyone else use etsy?

TIA for your advice!
And just keep plugging along, I find that I get faster with making these comp note books the more I do. Now, like you, I"m into the post it note holder with mini gel pens, and I'm finding they are even more fun and easy to make!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!