View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #4091
dhb1281
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
How do you alter your comp notebooks? Do you wrap the paper around the edges and cover the inside?

Do you cut the paper to size and just use 2 pieces per cover?

Do you do something different?

I've been covering a few by cutting the paper larger than the book and "wrapping" it around the corners, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way.

Also, do you put a "binding" on your book or just leave the black edge?

Thanks in advance!
Anna
I have tried it both ways and I like the finished look of cutting the paper larger than the book and wrapping it around the corners and covering the inside too. I also found this way is faster and less tedious for me. I then stamp the inside cover with "this book belongs to". I have several differant styles of these stamps that I also use for the back of my bookmarks. Before I put on the inside back cover I use score tape to tape in the ribbon bookmark securely. Some I am putting on the binding and some I leave the black edge depending on what looks best with the dp paper and what ever else I decorate the front of each individual book with. Then I stamp the back of the book with "designed by" and sign each book. I am making a RSVP pen with matching ribbon for each book. I bought 91 books and only have 11 completed. I am really having a tough time deciding on what to price them. I was thinking 6.50 for the set but now think that may be too low. What do you think?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!