Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #834
ScrappinMoments
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafting mad View Post
Hi everyone, I am new here I have joined especially to ask if youdont mind about the slice... I'm sorry to jump in with this but I just got my pink slice on Monday this week I love it so much already! but have one little problem and I am failing to find a solution.

My slice cuts what seems to be called 'tails' in some (not all) shapes usually on the inside of a shape like if the centre of a flower is cut out there is a little cut on the body of the flower which you want to use.

I contacted MM slice help right away thinking I was just doing something wrong or needed to make a slight adjustment. They replied really quickly but nothing worked, which was a pity.

They said to tighten the blade and reduce speed (BTW) I only had it on medium speed, the blade was tight, its used plugged in and I have spray glue on the mat.

So now I am worried it is faulty, as its new I can return it to the shop, so I need to know if this is a fault or not as soon as possible. Can anyone please, please help me?

I posted on the slice forum but nobody answers on there, has it been shut down? It let me join monday.

These are v small fairly insignificant cuts but the smaller the shape the worse it seems. MM gave me the impression this is just how it is but I havent seen anything on here about it. I apologise if I missed the post.

I live in England (UK) so returning the machine to MM is not really an option for me.

Thanks in advance.
Keep in contact with Making Memories if their suggestings are not working. I email then about mine and their first suggestion was to tighten up the blade.

Second time I called and they sent me out a new power cord because after 2-3 cuts it seemed it was dieing (although I kept it plugged in at all times).

Third email they had me send it back. This process took some time because it may be weeks/months between using my Slice. They were always helpful and I can understand them trying to have you check it out some before sending it back.

My end result was they replaced my Slice.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!