View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #136
jacqueline
Gallery Gazer

Hi all - Hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend.

Joe's parents went down with us to my parents' for the weekend. It was the first time they all met. Everything went great and we all had a super time. The town put on a fireworks display and they set them off over the river in a section of the neighborhood my parents live in so we were able to walk a couple of blocks and watch them. We actually walked down to the pier and docks which is private so we were the only ones there. There were also fish jumping out of the water so in between the fireworks going off, I was watching "flying" fish.

Joe rode back to Wilmington with his parents this morning. I had to go to Myrtle Beach to try on [what is the start] of my dress. So far, so good. She had the basic pattern and rough fabric all cut out and pieced together. She pinned a few places, etc. I have to go back next weekend for the next fitting. From there, I think she'll just finish up the hems and do the beading. That'll take the longest because she's doing it all by hand; pearls, beads and Swarovski crystals. Hmmmm, I just realized that afterwards, I can take them all off and use them for cards.

Michele - Glad to hear your plants are all settled in.

Denise - Hope you're feeling better.

Lee - Stay cool! You probably wouldn't like it here in the summer either. The past couple of days have been gorgeous but we had the second hottest June on record. More than 20 days at or above 90 degrees!! It was HOT!

Hi PS - Still dealing with the drama but Joe & I are moving forward. Are you moving? Make sure we have your new addy.

Hi Pat! Hi Jean! Hi Paula!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!