View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #196
sarahstampart
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Advice Needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass2sons View Post
Jennipher, thank you for the kind words you left me I have submitted to Somerset and was published last year! Very exciting, it was awesome how the Lord laid it upon someone's heart to pick mine. He was telling me, see you are creative. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to what I think is good, etc. I am sending those there too. I don't know of any other mags that accept altered art, do you?
That is SOOOO awesome!! Congrats!!!!

Okay- this brings up a few questions I have and that have been heavily on my mind over the past couple of weeks:

I have never submitted anything of mine anywhere. The thought of it seemed ridiculous to me because in all honestly I have never felt my things were "publish worthy"!! I still doubt they are, but I have had many people tell me I should try. Not sure if they are just being "nice" and polite and overly complimentary to me, or if they really mean it.

Having said that, I have been really trying to take my stamping to a higher level, so to speak, as I would LOVE to get to the point where I actually could have something published!

So... my questions for you all: And PLEASE be honest!!! I not only can take it, but I am depending on it!

#1 Do you think I should try or am I out of my league?

#2 Is the competition so hard that I am setting myself up for disappointment anyway?

#3 Is it difficult to submit? My fave magazines are the Stampington ones. As a matter of fact, I could drop off submissions to their office.

I would so very much appreciate any thoughts and advice you ladies can give me. TIA!!!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!