View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
nicksmom917
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nicksmom917
Default Play groups...what's wrong with me? - Sorry kinda long

Okay so...I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who has an aversion to playgroups. I just don't like them. From what I've experienced, it's a bunch of women getting together to compare themselves to one another and talk about how much they spent on such and such and "my child is doing such and such" and on and on.

First off, I'm really bad at small talk. I just can't do it. And I don't talk about how much I spent on my kids clothes or Christmas or his birthday or whatever. And I don't care how much they spent on their kids' carp.

It also seems like the kids don't play together. At this age (DS is 3) they seem to play parallel to one another so I guess I don't see the point. My son goes to church on Sunday and Wednesday...he goes to Mother's Day Out on Tuesday and Thursday. He gets a lot of socialization. I don't think he needs to be doing something every day. I have a friend who is in 2 playgroups and on the days that she's not at playgroup she'll meet one or more of the mothers at McDonald's for the kids to play.

So anyway...I've been invited to what seems like a playgroup for the last two Wednesdays and I'm going to go tomorrow but I just am not up for a weekly commitment.

If you have kids, are you in a playgroup? Am I just a weirdo who needs to get out of my box and socialize?
My nonstamping, weight-loss blog sort of.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!