I'm head of heels for these trends:
- clean and simple designs
- well-kerned sentiments in fabulous fonts
- food stamps
- small scale patterned papers
- the return of yellow!
- whimiscal--but not cutesy--critters
- paper piecing
- clouds and their friends--umbrellas, rainbows, hot air balloons, kites, sunshine sentiments, etc...
- grandma chic--doilies, lace, tea cups, etc...
Not feeling these:
- double- and triple-matting
- multiple ribbons tied on tags, coils, handles, etc.
- large or realistic prima flowers
- swirls of bling
- heavy distressing/antiquing
- most people stamps (exceptions: Santa Claus and A Muse's Seattle Girl)
- staples on cards
- mixed fonts in sentiments and stamp sets
- props in card photos
There are exceptions to every rule though and I'm likely to change my mind about some of these. Heck, half the stuff I love now will make it into the not-so-much list once I'm tired of the trend. That's what trends do, right?