View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #57
Crafty Math Chick
Forum Fanatic

Smile Stamp Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRabbott View Post
You girls are awesome sharing all these tips! I'm getting excited for my first VSN, I even went so far as to take Friday off work so I can get my chores done before the first challenge! I'm such a rebel!

I did participate in one of the VSBN's and learned something I think was pretty much a "duh!" moment..... use a cupholder! I spilled two drinks (at the same time) on a layout that was about 15 seconds from being completed!! Granted, the photos were unharmed, but I had to redo the whole thing on a fresh sheet of paper!

I have an obscene amount of scraps, but thankfully they are already arranged by color and seperated by solids/patterns. Think one of those Sterlite 12x12 drawers for EACH color... and yes, they're all full!! I'm happy to share, just come on over and raid my stash! I think for the 10 layouts I did for the VSBN, I used nothing but scraps for every single one.... sensory overload! I think maybe I should do like Mistreez suggested and only pick a single color scheme to work with for the weekend!

I've managed to get all my embellishments organized, all my tools are within reach and I know where they all are, and my ribbon is on a handy rack my hubs made for me. My next challenge is getting my stamps cataloged.... I'm not sure how to tackle that! I have visions of finding black & white images of all the sets I have and putting them into a word document for a notebook, but that's a looooot of surfing and it usually ends up leading to shopping!! The ladies that have already done this, did you just stamp the image directly onto blank paper and use that as your reference? or did you go more high tech with the images scanned into a word doc? Either way it's not something I'll be tackling in time for the VSN, but letting the idea marinate for a bit!

I like the idea too of playing with all my new stamps before the VSN, to get familiar with their sizes and image type so I have a better idea of where to go for that one perfect image. The trouble is, I think that at least half of my stash has never been inked!! I'd better get crackin on that! Chat with you gals soon!
There are some good pics and discussions about stamp indexes in the Mission: Organization forum as well you might wish to check out. Personally, for SU photocopies the stickers before adhering them to the jewel cases for the index; for Gina K. Designs I photocopy the image sheet on the front of the set; for other sets that don'tphotocopy well I download the images from the internet or copy and paste them (digitally or literally) to put them in the index; I am going to have to stamp out my TAC stamps manually. I have not finished yet, it is an ongoing project since I did not think to do this when I first began.

Good luck and enjoy!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!