View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
gbedwright
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena74 View Post
My vote is totally different.
Stop using Stampin Up Color names and start using a more general color names, since people that play in these challenges don't necessary play with or only with SU colors with such wonderful quality paper out there like Gina K and PTI. I know I would participate if all the colors won't just in SU names since I haven't bothered buying SU CS because I love Gina K and PTI paper very much.
Sheena

Sheena, there was a poll/vote taken a year or so ago which asked participants if they wanted to still use Stampin Up colors names. It was voted to continue using the color names as only reference points because there are so many shades of the colors it would be difficult to say what color is melon mambo. I personally substitute PTI raspberry fizz for melon mambo because it is so close to an exact match it is amazing. I have not yet...stressing the YET, got any of the Gina K cardstocks. On my wishlist, though. If you know which of these colors work with the SU shades by all means use them. The use of the SU names really is for narrowing down our color specifics. Of course, with all of the new colors coming out I am going to place a big SU order just for all the new colors! What? I cannot help myself really!!!!

II Tim. 1:7
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!