View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #61
ceramicat1
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberTrucker View Post
Full circle once again: the "Cute vs Weird" discussion. At least it's staying civil.

I got into stamping back in the late '70s, when Hero Arts and All Night Media still belong to their original owners and were mail-order. Being the long-haired hippie-trash peace-freak that I am, for me stamping has always tended more toward counter-culture, something to rattle the cages of the more conservative types. Those stamps with no noses and mouths are creepy--ever read Harlan Ellison's "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream"? Anyway, I don't do "cute" except as a means to achieve "weird."

Love:
real rubber!! Okay, I'm a traditionalist, too!!
Prisma color pencils
Bazzill papers/cardstock (I've just discovered these); I'm intrigued by the color groupings and how I can use them

Loathe:
the aforementioned mouthless, noseless people, along with the abnormally large-headed people, and the round-footed people (the ones with no ankles), and the huge-eyed people
infantile words like embellies (and, by extension, the same use of such in the cross stitch world--silkies and fabbies)
cards so covered with embellishments that they need to be sent in boxes rather than fitting in their own envelopes
pens like Tombows (and how can anyone afford those Copics? $$$$$!!)

I'm sure there's more, but I'm in a hotel getting ready to go play tourist before the ballgame with Mark Harmon.
Sounds like fun!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!