View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
gbedwright
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default POLL: Color Combo Colors!

Hello everyone! I am trying to get a jumpstart on the color challenges to make sure things run smoothly during the summer. With all of the color redo stuff, I feel we need a poll to make sure we are all on the same page. As you all know, SU color names are used each time a color combo challenge is listed, eventhough, SU cardstock is not required. The SU names gives a color reference.

In the past on July 1st, the current in colors retire and new ones are brought in. At this time, retired colors are not used and we resort to the original 48 colors until first Tuesday in September. This 8 week or so period gives everyone who plans to order new in colors the opportunity to get them before new in colors are used in the challenges. However, this year with the color collection redo, we have a few things to clarify for the time between July 1st and Sept. If we retire everything...all in colors and all the current colors set to retire, we only have 20 or so colors left. Not sure good combos can be done with that limited amount for 8 weeks, hence the need for a poll.

So, here are the options I am looking at.......(I am typing the poll number choices here because the actual poll limits the number of letters used so I want to be clear what your choices are)!

If you know of another option that I have not listed, please let me know. TIA!

1. Retire all the in colors and other family colors and wait until Sept 1 to use the new color collection....just use the 20 or so colors.

2. Continue using all in colors that are planning on staying along with the 20 or so other colors

3. Use all in colors that are staying along with past in colors that are returning along with the 20 or so other colors.

4. Continue using all of the 48 colors and the in colors until Sept. at that time they will be permanently retired from color combo challenges...just editing to clarify that the NEW colors will not be included with this option. This is just to give everyone time to get the NEW colors and still have colors to work with.

5. Start using new color names July 1 and everyone just find the color that best works with the name until they actually own it since the colors are for reference points and not require anyway.

II Tim. 1:7

Last edited by gbedwright; 05-17-2010 at 08:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!