View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #51
mtgchic
Gallery Gazer

Addicted to:
October Afternoon papers
Fun-to-color images
Dogs (I would really like to be more specific and put "corgi" but I've only found about 2 corgi stamps ever, so I can't say that's a "trend")
colored cardstock as card base
Nesties Label One
Big scallop borders and nesties
glossy accents (which is new to me since I just bought my first bottle a couple weeks ago--what took me so long? Same with heat embossing, too)
The bigger polka dot embossing folder-I think by Sizzix?
What The Font website. Upload a picture of a font, shazaam, it gives you a pretty close, if not exact, match.
Fun happy images like Snoopy, classic cars, pure innocence, kraftin kimmie
sketch challenges
VSN
Winning a challenge, being selected to VSN honor gallery, people being published for the first time, being listed in the favorites thread, or heck, just getting a comment or a favorite on one of your cards in the gallery

Meh...not so much:
People who can color way better than me, and therefore make my coloring look inferior
Stamps with images done by a 3-year-old, or someone posing as a three-year-old (note: I don't mind the ones that are intentionally done like that, just the ones that are trying to sell them as real grown-up images if you know what I mean?)
collage-y look
comic sans
stores that are putting out way too many releases, which leads them to put out not-so-great sets or putting out 8 sets that really just variations on the same theme and not innovative (I'm not saying I could be innovative every month, but that also could be why I don't run a stamp company)
DT blogs where every new stamp release is, "even though I say this every month, the best one yet that I couldn't wait to ink up"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!