Thread: Copic FAQ
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #56
stamp_momma
Splitcoast Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainy67 View Post
I had a problem with one of my Copics today. Unfortunately with one of my favorite ones (G21), and I haven't seen anything like it mentioned on here. I ran out of ink, and refilled. I have refilled before on other ones, just not this one. After I refilled, the marker seemed a little darker than it had been, and not as smooth as it had been. Today when I went to use it, it wasn't coloring much at all but was sticky on the brush tip, and coloring very gloppy. In fact when I colored, some was almost as dark as the G28 color, yet this was G21, and 3 hours later those dark sections are sticky. Yet the tip of the marker looks uneven, like ink isn't getting to areas. The other end looks fine. The tip is also sticky, almost like the ink is dried or too thick to flow.

I guess it almost looks like it I have picked up some type of glopped up coating on the brush tip. Are there any papers or inks that could cause this type of coating to be on the tip to ruin it so you can't color through it? I want to avoid this in the future if possible.

Thanks.
Lainy, I had a similar experience when I was refilling two markers in the Splitcoast Make & Take booth at CHA. I think the tip got really dried out and then became a barrier to the ink still inside the marker barrel. I wrote it up to the caps being off of the markers almost all day long at the show.

Gently remove the marker tip and soak it in some blender solution to re-moisten the entire tip. It will most likely turn a very pale green/ivory/whiteish color. Then put it back into your marker barrel and lay the marker flat to rejuvenate the flushed tip. It should fix your problem.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!