Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2010, 03:47 AM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for Week Ending April 18, 2010

Welcome to another week of Clean and Simple Favorites from the SCS Gallery! Please know that anyone can post links to their favorite CAS cards from the past week to this thread. Our purpose here is to have a weekly party to celebrate the clean and simple style, and the more, the merrier!

I'll get us started. It was a GREAT week in the gallery! *squeal*

Bar posted a stunner with her Let Your Dream Take Flight butterfly card, with its lovely hand-stamped DP

ravengirl used one of my favorite sketches from the Go-To Sketch magazine for her warm and wonderful Gingerbread Houses card

jacynthe used a wonderful color combination to make a richly girly Tickled Pink card using the FTL86

happy2stamp4ever made a simply sweet vellum and pink butterfly card that flittered its way into my faves

bonnierose used Signature Greetings to make a crisp and pretty set of mini-cards I have got to CASE

ceedee used watercolor pencils to color her scene for a gorgeously artistic CAS63 sunset card; and she used a spectrum ink pad to make a stunning OLC Winter's Butterfly card for CCC10, too

katolejnik made a Love U card that made my jaw hit the floor because it's so perfectly CAS

snoetzel made a one-layer card with Upsy Daisy that is another example of CAS at its very best

die cut diva totally lived up to her screen name with her sweet Just Ducky! card; she also made a butterfly card that totally rocks!

flatfish used an amazing combination of shade of purple and yellow for her crisp and clean CAS card

hskelly brayered her lovely sunset silhouette card and used a perfectly placed butterfly and pretty corner punch to balance her design

TheresaCC used perfectly graduated color on her beautifully sponged and highly dramatic Dream Tree card

newlystamping made an amazingly pretty and simple card set...my favorite color was the aqua, but she did lots of variations

JulieHRR colored one flower perfectly and created amazing drama on her Happy Birthday card

That's just the beginning of my list! I'll be back with more, but in the meantime, why don't you post some of your clean-and-simple favorites? And if you get a chance, please leave some comments on some cards today. Some of these I've favorited have very few comments.

Back in a bit....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:10 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

Here are some of my favorites...

JulieHRR
Chupa
jacynthe
Apricot Rose
girl3boys0
Kristin Moore
stamperjen0
LateBlossom
LateBlossom
Biggan
debdeb
PaperInBloom
Kellycrafter

Such variety in this week's gallery! Love it! (I had a few from the Dirty Dozen gallery this week too, but since not everyone can see them, I didn't include them here.)

Have a great week, everyone...
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:14 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Default More Favorites from the week past...

Here are the rest of my favorites:

hdp made an Under the Weather card that would cheer any sick person up in an instant

newlystamping posted another lovely card with polka dot butterflies and a pen-drawn frame

artsy_em made a crisp yet warm New Home card that "popped" right into my favorites

mocjen used A Muse stamps to create a light and pretty shell card

al_silver2 made a mom's day card that would be perfect for MY mother (she bakes the best apple pies....yummy!); note the repeat of the three hearts in the pie stamp and the three heart-shaped gems...brilliant! And her palm tree thank you card uses clusters of gems in place of coconuts...also brilliant!

PaperInBloom posted a sweet and cheerful mother's day card with yellow daisies that is so fresh and pretty

Can't wait to see what I missed in the gallery this week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 05:40 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post

JulieHRR
Chupa
jacynthe
Apricot Rose
girl3boys0
Kristin Moore
stamperjen0
LateBlossom
LateBlossom
Biggan
debdeb
PaperInBloom
Kellycrafter

Such variety in this week's gallery! Love it! (I had a few from the Dirty Dozen gallery this week too, but since not everyone can see them, I didn't include them here.)

Thanks Diane for mention my card! I�m so grateful and honoured! Thanks Susan for the hint!

Hugs
Birgit

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 05:46 AM   #6  
Bar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
Welcome to another week of Clean and Simple Favorites from the SCS Gallery! Please know that anyone can post links to their favorite CAS cards from the past week to this thread. Our purpose here is to have a weekly party to celebrate the clean and simple style, and the more, the merrier!

Bar posted a stunner with her Let Your Dream Take Flight butterfly card, with its lovely hand-stamped DP

ravengirl used one of my favorite sketches from the Go-To Sketch magazine for her warm and wonderful Gingerbread Houses card

jacynthe used a wonderful color combination to make a richly girly Tickled Pink card using the FTL86

happy2stamp4ever made a simply sweet vellum and pink butterfly card that flittered its way into my faves

bonnierose used Signature Greetings to make a crisp and pretty set of mini-cards I have got to CASE

ceedee used watercolor pencils to color her scene for a gorgeously artistic CAS63 sunset card; and she used a spectrum ink pad to make a stunning OLC Winter's Butterfly card for CCC10, too

katolejnik made a Love U card that made my jaw hit the floor because it's so perfectly CAS

snoetzel made a one-layer card with Upsy Daisy that is another example of CAS at its very best

die cut diva totally lived up to her screen name with her sweet Just Ducky! card; she also made a butterfly card that totally rocks!

flatfish used an amazing combination of shade of purple and yellow for her crisp and clean CAS card

hskelly brayered her lovely sunset silhouette card and used a perfectly placed butterfly and pretty corner punch to balance her design

TheresaCC used perfectly graduated color on her beautifully sponged and highly dramatic Dream Tree card

newlystamping made an amazingly pretty and simple card set...my favorite color was the aqua, but she did lots of variations

JulieHRR colored one flower perfectly and created amazing drama on her Happy Birthday card

That's just the beginning of my list! I'll be back with more, but in the meantime, why don't you post some of your clean-and-simple favorites? And if you get a chance, please leave some comments on some cards today. Some of these I've favorited have very few comments.

Back in a bit....
Oh, MY!! What a wonderful way to start the day!!! Thank you so much for mentioning my card, Susan!!
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

hdp made an Under the Weather card that would cheer any sick person up in an instant

newlystamping posted another lovely card with polka dot butterflies and a pen-drawn frame

artsy_em made a crisp yet warm New Home card that "popped" right into my favorites

al_silver2 made a mom's day card that would be perfect for MY mother (she bakes the best apple pies....yummy!); note the repeat of the three hearts in the pie stamp and the three heart-shaped gems...brilliant! And her palm tree thank you card uses clusters of gems in place of coconuts...also brilliant!

PaperInBloom posted a sweet and cheerful mother's day card with yellow daisies that is so fresh and pretty

Thank you so much for mentioning my card! What a great way to start the day! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:09 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post

JulieHRR
Chupa
jacynthe
Apricot Rose
girl3boys0
Kristin Moore
stamperjen0
LateBlossom
LateBlossom
Biggan
debdeb
PaperInBloom
Kellycrafter

Thank you so much for highlighting my card!! I love designing CAS cards and it is so nice to be recongized for it. Hugs, Carly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:09 AM   #9  

Thanks so much Diane for mentioning my card!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks, Diane and Krista! *big smiles*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the recognition, you are great!!

Kellycardmaker
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 456 Likes on 341 Posts

It's great being on the west coast as, by the time I get up, lots of CAS favourites have been posted and I sit with my early morning tea and have a lovely time looking at them at all.

Here's some of mine that haven't been mentioned:

Another of ceedee's gorgeous Christmas cards CCC10 February Holly by ceedee at Splitcoaststampers

keuby shows us Three Green Trees for Christmas Three Green Trees by keuby at Splitcoaststampers

Another Christmas card by ravengirl May's Marvelous Impression by ravengirl at Splitcoaststampers

And finally one that's not a Christmas card:

nancy littrell shows us the new SU colours CAS SU New Colors by nancy littrell at Splitcoaststampers

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Thanks so Much

Quote:

Back in a bit....
WOW double wammy, I am stunned!! My smile is as wide as the Mississippi :p:p:p
Thank you so much Susan for including me this week and for letting me know your are such a sweetie. Hugs to you ......

Fan Club Member
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Many Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbriView Post
It's great being on the west coast as, by the time I get up, lots of CAS favourites have been posted and I sit with my early morning tea and have a lovely time looking at them at all.

Here's some of mine that haven't been mentioned:

Another of ceedee's gorgeous Christmas cards CCC10 February Holly by ceedee at Splitcoaststampers

keuby shows us Three Green Trees for Christmas Three Green Trees by keuby at Splitcoaststampers

Another Christmas card by ravengirl May's Marvelous Impression by ravengirl at Splitcoaststampers

And finally one that's not a Christmas card:

nancy littrell shows us the new SU colours CAS SU New Colors by nancy littrell at Splitcoaststampers
OMG thank you so much for the mention, I am truly humbled but absolutely delighted :p:p

Fan Club Member
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks SO much for the mention Susan, it means a lot to me!! BIG hugs!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks Diane, and Krista for including my trees turned into a flower card in this week's thread! That was such a nice surprise! (It actually startled me when this card loaded because I expected it to be another CAS design that got fav'd by lots of people.) And thank you to Susan too, for so faithfully letting us all know when our cards are listed here! Having a card here just MAKES my Sunday! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #17  
hdp
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Susan, thank you for mentioning my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Susan, Fionna--thank you ever, ever so much!

*hugs*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Thanks so much Late Blossom & KristaTracy for mentioning my cards...you've made me happy AND fired up my mojo for the next CAS challenge ;)

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet..."
Gallery & Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

Here are my favourites for this week that have not been mentioned yet:

LateBlossom
katolejnik
Knutsen24
ReginaBD
ltecler
coriefoster
cookiebaker
cadnileb
jovialjudi

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet..."
Gallery & Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #21  

These have already been mentioned, but are worth mentioning again!

EvaC created a beautiful scene on her Lazy Summer Nights card

TheresaCC's reverse masking is beautifully done on her Dream Tree Wishes card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #22  

Here's a few of my favorites I'd like to share. Please stop by and give them a nice comment...

DandI93
lisaadd
denisecarolclark
artsy_em
SeattleStamper
Petal Pusher
Card Shark
Biggan
Karin Menghini
Silvana

I had a few other great ones that were already mentioned - ApricotRose, ReginaBD, jovialjudy. Thanks to all you who share your great artwork.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Thank you Krista and Kstamper...very nice of you to post my card as a favorite!

Stamp S'More

Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #24  

Thanks CeeDee for mentioning my "New Colors" CAS card as one of your CAS fav's of the week. Always so thrilling to be mentioned on this awesome thread. Thanks Susan for the heads up. You are all the best.....Happy stamping......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #25  

Thank you so much TrishG for mentioning my 4 seasons card set, You are the sweetest, you made my day, Irene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you so much Laterblossom, KristaTracy & al_ailver2 for mentioning my cards! It's such an honour! You've made my day.

Here are a few of my favourites this past week, that hopefully weren't already mentioned. There were a lot!

lbenden
Chupa
ChristineCreations
snoetzel
Jennifer Styles
artsy_em
ltecler
al_silver2
mocjen

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Back in a bit....
Thank you, Susan, for the very kind mention! I am just loving my issue of Go-To-Sketches!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #28  

Quote:

Back in a bit....
Thank you Susan for the mention!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #29  
Watercolor Wizard

Thank you for mentioning my simple PTI cards! Such an honor!
My Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #30  
Inking Addict

Thank you SO much for the mention!

I had one or two that didn't get mentioned here that I thought were pretty fantastic;

LeeAnne Pugliese's snail card - the dsp and "out of the box" technique are spectacular! Bugs Out of the Box by LeAnne Pugliese at Splitcoaststampers

This isn't a card - but it's just too wonderful not to pass along... 'Make mine a double' by BC Sherrie.Make mine a double by BC Sherrie at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by Freshn'Sassy; 04-18-2010 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: forgot to attach the link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #31  

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrishGView Post
Here's a few of my favorites I'd like to share. Please stop by and give them a nice comment...

DandI93
lisaadd
denisecarolclark
artsy_em
SeattleStamper
Petal Pusher
Card Shark
Biggan
Karin Menghini
Silvana

I had a few other great ones that were already mentioned - ApricotRose, ReginaBD, jovialjudy. Thanks to all you who share your great artwork.
Thanks, Trish. The pat on the back for my "cute as a button" bird means so much!!! Hugs, M (Petal Pusher)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Susan,
thank you so much for mentioning my Just Ducky and Butterfly card here! You made my day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

Katolejnik,

Thank you so much for mentioning my card, it made my day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you soooooooo much to LateBlossom and KristaTracy for the mention of my butterfly card! What an honor! You made my day even brighter than today's sunshine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thank You

Susan and Kasia - thanks so much for mentioning my Upsy Daisy card. It really brightened my day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Susan, TrishG and katolejnik, thanks so much for making my day by mentioning three different cards! Wow, I guess I'm under pressure now to keep producing. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #37  

Received 206 Likes on 185 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracyView Post
One of my favorite Sunday morning activities is the CAS thread. Here are some cards I just loved this week:

debdeb: A Different Way! by debdeb at Splitcoaststampers
Freshn'Sassy: FTL86 by Freshn'Sassy at Splitcoaststampers
happy2stamp4ever: Butterfly Birthday Invite by happy2stamp4ever at Splitcoaststampers
katolejnik: welcome baby by katolejnik at Splitcoaststampers
lnl96 CAS62 Wish You Were Here by lnl96 at Splitcoaststampers
EvaC: Lazy Summer Nights by EvaC at Splitcoaststampers
TheresaCC: Dream Tree Wishes - CAS62 by TheresaCC at Splitcoaststampers
LateBlossom: Graphic Flower Birthday by LateBlossom at Splitcoaststampers
k dunbrook: CAS62 Wrought Iron Fence by k dunbrook at Splitcoaststampers
miss boo: CAS62 - Mackinac Island Bikes by Miss Boo at Splitcoaststampers
al_silver2: AMC15 Swinging Birdcage by al_silver2 at Splitcoaststampers
rsalamon: Kite Flying Congrats by rsalamon at Splitcoaststampers
geekgirl101: CAS and 100% Stampin' Up! by girlgeek101 at Splitcoaststampers

Wow Krista.....just got home from a wonderful weekend away and notice you faved my card. Thanks so very much. Great way to start my week!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #38  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks so much for the fave!!! SO many good ones this week!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #39  

Thank you Alanna for mentioning my card! I am always a bit hesitant to upload cards I have sketched and watercolored myself without using stamps. It means so much to me for one of these cards to be noticed. And thank you Susan for letting me know!! You truly have made my week!! Hugs, Judi
Please visit! Paper-Rose-Petals
Past Creative Architect for Innovative Stamp Creations!!
Past Senior Design Team Member for Mark`s Finest Paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you so much for choosing 2 of my cards! Both my arms fell off when I realized that!! It's been a rough week in my crafty world and this just made my day!! There are nice & wonderful stampers out there and I appreciate the kind comments.
Thanks so much again!
Jacynthe
Reply With Quote Likes